It’s almost the wee hours of Tuesday morning and I felt the urge to write, so here we go…
We all Travel, be it to and from work, on business trips, or to visit family and friends, how eco friendly are we when we travel? Do we take into consideration the amount we waste or toss away? Are we really reducing our carbon footprint?
Here are a few effective ways to Travel Smart consciously:
- Carry your own coffee mug instead of buying plastic, most coffee shops are taking a few rands off your tea or coffee spend this way. Well done to Seattle coffee and Woolworths cafe on this!
- Carry your own reusable straws, this is a step in the right direction to eliminate plastic waste.
- Smokers move over to vapor cigarettes, this way you won’t be littering the streets, sacred travel spots.
- Invest in reusable containers, minimize using plastic packets, opt for brown paper bags instead.
- Carry your own water bottle to prevent buying plastic water bottles.
- Recycling as far as possible, using plates to cover food instead of plastic bags and cling film.
- Being aware of loving the planet is powerful, as this means you wouldn’t litter and create chaos in a place you love, imagine traveling to different cities and counties and they adopt the same attitude! Small steps each begin with ourselves!
- Use products that are more natural compared to chemical.
Travel as consciously as possible, as beauty exists in places where people make the change.
Don’t litter, don’t throw things out of your car window, we become what we create!
Being proud of who you are and the impression you create, says a lot about what you attract! Keep your homes, streets and cities litter free, recycle and donate items to those who can recycle to create a sustainable environment for all to travel to.
Let me know your thoughts on this post, are you someone who would like to Travel consciously?