We live in a time and space where boundaries are very important, this applies to all areas of life from the workplace, love life, family, friendships.
Boundaries are not meant to control others, they are meant to be used as guidelines for you to know what is acceptable and what is not, learning to adjust to what is comfortable and what is not.
I have put together a list as a guideline to assist you on your path to creating a healthy boundary with others.
1. Learn to say no to whatever makes you uncomfortable, whether it’s attending a family function, or a favour for someone, when in doubt rather say no.
2. Stand in your Truth – say what’s on your mind don’t be afraid, this allows others to understand where you are coming from, say exactly what you feeling.
3. Stand in your power – stand up for what you believe in, if it doesn’t feel right it probably isn’t.
4. Trust your gut – your gut feeling is there for a reason, if others get upset with you for not going along its ok, use your gut instinct to guide you.
5. Trust yourself – you create safe healthy boundaries which work for you, don’t allow others to dictate to you.
Boundaries allow us to take better care of ourselves emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually.
Don’t feel guilty for saying NO, it is ok to say no and not follow like sheep, use your intuition to guide you and follow your heart and be grateful you have your own mind to make the right healthy choices for you.