Boosting our immune systems are not always an easy task especially going into the silly festive season, this is a time we overindulge, get many invitations to meet family and friends, attend many work functions.
Here are a few tips to stay healthy.
- 1. Drink a minimum of 1.5 – 2 liters of water per day, add slices of lemon or cucumber to your water, this is an easier way to ensure you stay hydrated.
- 2. Take supplements recommended by your Doctor or homeopath.
- 3. Eat foods rich in anti-oxidants – strawberries, raspberries, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- 4. Exercise regularly at least 4 times a week, brisk walking, gym, yoga or pilates.
- 5. Join a walking or running club.
One of my personal favorites is this awesome immune booster:
- 3 tablespoons of Vital low gi muesli.
- 5 strawberries chopped up.
- A few tablespoons of Organic double cream yoghurt.
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
I discovered Park Run South Africa, where you can attend anywhere in S.A an amazing way to meet new people and stay healthy once a week. I have been doing the 5Km for months now, it takes place every Saturday, or you can decide how you would love to stay active, incorporate a healthy exercise routine that is fun rather than being daunting.
How do you stay healthy and boost your immunity?
Would love to hear from you, Share your tips with me.