Let’s face it lockdown is a new concept to us all, in South Africa we are over a 100 days in we either still learning to adapt or we already have. Sharing some positive moments on this experience below.
Benefits of this process:
- Taking time out to figure out what you truly desire to achieve on your path, journey.
- Learning new skills, this could be cooking, starting that blog or vlog, posting positive uplifting content on social media, gardening, planting your own produce, learning how to do things in a whole new way.
- Reducing waste.
- Meditation taking time to focus on your spiritual path.
- Focusing on what’s truly important.
- Being more mindful on how we treat ourselves as well as others.
- Awakening empathy and compassion, learning to give more without expectation.
- Finding a routine that causes less anxiety though setting aside time for all your tasks.
I often get asked how can we stay focused and positive through this challenging time, these are a few things that have helped me through this time:
- Meditation sometimes twice a day for 15 minutes a time.
- Drawing or coloring in, doing something creative.
- Spending time nurturing my plants, veggies and flowers.
- Connecting with like minded people.
- Keeping in touch with friends and family online, having a coffee chat.
- Cooking and cleaning helps with the exercise.
- Walking a few times a week soaking up some winter sun.
- Wearing bright colours to lift the mood.
- Eating lots of fresh fruit and veggies, making better food choices not always, we try.
- Being there for others through donating clothing, food.
- Being kind to everyone we encounter.
- Being more mindful of thoughts and words.
- Decluttering spaces, clearing and donating books, clothing.
- Focusing on posting less on social media and spending more time on being present with family.
- Being more mindful of what we are watching and listening too.
Hope this post was helpful, how are you coping at this time?